The Madonna Inn Military Discounts

My wife and I decided to take a weekend trip to the Santa Barbara coastline with the family and happened upon this neat little Gem.  Their discounts for military are extensive (20-40), but are limited to Sunday to Thursday.  I waited until Saturday morning and called to find out their vacancy rate which was at 40%.  Since hotels want heads in beds, I asked if the front desk manager was available, but couldn't get one.  I explained to the front desk attendant the I was a retired combat injured veteran on a limited budget and she gave me the military discount ($259 down to $159).  My wife also looked on line and saw they were having a toys for tots special (bring in an unwrapped $10 gift and received $30 off the room rate) bringing our lodging down to $129.  All in all the place was quite lovely; my kids loved the theme room and the ground were well maintained..  The food prices were resort style, and the service was sub-par at dinner and breakfast due to an overworked staff. http://www.madonnainn.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment